Top ten list of garden plants

  • Abutilons of all kinds
  • Buddlejas old and new
  • Epiphytic orchids and ferns
  • Gordonia species
  • Heliotrope, Lemon verbena, Fennel and herbs
  • Michelias of all sorts
  • Perennial Salvias large and small
  • Species Camellias
  • Tea and China Roses
  • Weigela of all types

Montville Rose

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Justifying your garden.

Is there anyone out there who just likes to garden without the over lay of justification?
It just isn't enough that you have a garden these days and like the rough and tumble of gardening you must  have a manifesto  to support your style, plant selection , eco credentials and sociological perspectives.
I am sure that I don't do anything "right" in my garden and yet it rewards me daily . I don't use my garden to make a living and I don't want to study for a cert 3 in horticulture. I remember my great Aunt having a real love of plants and loving to visit her garden  and sit in those damp shady areas lush with ferns. It was the days of honest gardening- a simple past time that could rejuvenate you. It was a time of cuttings over the fence  and sharing produce with neighbours long before the term community garden was talked of. It was just the way it was.

I must say I would hate to bore people with some deeply thought over diatribe on my garden when it is far more fun to tell it like it is. We obviously do have a garden philosophy and some special interests and that is what all that writing of books is for. As for the day to day reality it is more about the flat tyre on the wheelbarrow  and another right hand glove wearing out . It is about near misses with the chain saw and trying to get the mower to actually stop when you want it to and remembering which tree you last saw the loppers.


 ps several near new left hand gloves available. Kyleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment