Top ten list of garden plants

  • Abutilons of all kinds
  • Buddlejas old and new
  • Epiphytic orchids and ferns
  • Gordonia species
  • Heliotrope, Lemon verbena, Fennel and herbs
  • Michelias of all sorts
  • Perennial Salvias large and small
  • Species Camellias
  • Tea and China Roses
  • Weigela of all types

Montville Rose

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Yates Seeds

We have just harvested our first vegetables from the Yates Commemorative Seed Tin. This is a miracle because I often do not have success with seeds.
The English spinach ,radishes and carrots are all doing well.The beetroots are just emerging too.
As we have limited sun most of my edible plants are  in pots on a sunny paved area at the front of our house.
My latest acquisition has been a camp oven and last night we dined on a delicious roast and vegetables along with fresh spinach.Just as well I have so much firewood as I think I will be using my camp oven a lot.
I'll be able to work outside while dinner is cooking on the fire! Kyleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment